Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Holi Fest




i went to a cool festival, the Holi Fest. ( you should look it up.)

there were color powder packages, you could throw them at strangers! there were also water guns.

Holi Fest is a Indian festival to welcome the spring and let go of bad feelings. it's a time to forgive people and have fun! 

we had a lot of fun, even though i wasn't feeling well that day. when i got to the festival and started throwing colors, i forgot about being sick.

in the morning, i was scared i would have to miss the festival, and i cried. mom told me i could still go because it was a special day and i was really looking forward to it.  i'm glad i got to go.  thanks mom.



       


we got so colorful! i am still not completely clean!  it looks like i dyed a strip of my hair green.  the blue and the green were the hardest to wash off. but i am sure it will come off someday.

if there is a Holi Fest in your city, you should go to it.  it was a really good day.  i decided to let go of being afraid of getting splinters out and being afraid of getting sick.  (sometimes i freak out when i get a splinter or when i think i am going to barf.)  and i made room for love.

14 comments:

  1. I love the photos, Scout! You look like a rainbow! I'm glad you were able to go and forget all about being sick. I bet your hair looks awesome blue and green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You look it up? I think you'd really like it. ���� I loved it! You should look it up. ������������

      Delete
    2. I meant to say did you look it up. Sorry.

      Delete
  2. It looks like a super fun day! I did a color run and while while you ran volunteers covered the runners with the same kind of paint. I bet they happen in Pittsburgh too, you should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay! I love to run. I ran in the junior great race and won a hundred dollars! It was a mile.

      Delete
  3. Hi Scouty,
    I'm so happy you had fun during Holi Fest! We were connected that day since I am in India and you were celebrating Indian Festival! You look so beautiful in so many colors! It is the same here in India... bright and colorful everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will you take me to India someday? I love Indian food, brightcolors, Indian festivals and Indian music. I want to travel the world Just like you.

      Delete
  4. Hi scouty, its grammy. It sounds like you all had lots of fun at the Holi fest! What a great way to celebrate the beginning of spring! I think everyone gets kind of sad and down during winter when its cold and dark. So this is a great way to let go of all those feelings! Thanks for sharing! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its true that everyone gets sad during winter and stressed out. And then spring is a relief.

      Delete
  5. Scout, I have never heard of Holi Fest. How cool! It looks like you had an amazing time and it makes me want to go to the next Holi Fest. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try going to a holi fest. It is messy but really fun!

      Delete
  6. Scouty,

    I love you so, so much!!! Holi Fest was absolutely awesome!! (I'm still cleaning blue powder out of my ears!!) I think you did a great job capturing what made it so exciting and awesome. You're the best writer I've ever read!! My favorite is "... and I made room for love."

    You're amazing and I'm super proud of you!!

    XoXo,

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are what?!?!?!? the holi fest was awesome! :) I love you daddy!!

      Delete
  7. It was such a magical day, wasn't it? I had no idea it could be so much fun throwing colors! I'm so glad that we were all there together. Can't wait for next year!

    ReplyDelete